Shelved It finally happened. This weekend, with Danny's help, I built my bookshelves — which means that I could finally unpack the boxes and boxes of books and DVDs that have spent the last almost four months gathering dust in the corners of my bedroom. We got the idea for the shelves (he has some at his place that we made last month) from Apartment Therapy, and making them involved painting pipes, drilling, sanding and staining wood — the latter of which resulted in a lot of inhaled fumes and a headache, but I dare say that the end result was worth it. That said, I’m never doing it again. Oh, and all told the project cost about $250.